Monday, November 28, 2011

Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm

Rose a la Menthe!  This lip balm comes from Sephora at $7.  However, I must say, this is well worth the extra cash if you're used to drug store lip balms.  The texture is very smooth and glossy, and applies evenly with just a little bit.  I've had this for about a month now, and as you can see, I still have a lot left.  I usually apply this several times a day, but it's my favorite night time lip balm since it heals any chapping overnight.

The scent is very subtle, but really really nice.  True to its name, it's mostly rose petal-scented with a hint of mint.  I like that it's not overwhelming, and I think the scent would be appealing for all lip-balm-lovers out there.  After wearing this for about an hour or so, I find that it absorbs into my lips, so it doesn't stay glossy all day.

Cons?  You probably couldn't wear a lipstick over this, since it applies pretty thick.  However, it does have a bit of tint on its own, so it's not all bad!

My recommendation: Go for it! It's one of the best miracle cures I've found for my lips this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment